Tuesday 28 May 2013

Muse - Emirates Stadium, 25/05/13

So the other night, I was lucky enough to see Muse on what I would say is their best tour yet. I've seen footage from all of their tours throughout the Showbiz era to The Resistance Era, then I got to see them last year on their The 2nd Law Tour and luckily this year on their Summer Stadiums 2013/Unsustainable Tour. I FEEL LIKE THE LUCKIEST GIRL IN THE WORLD

Let's go through the experience...

On Friday evening, me and my friends got the train from Newcastle down to London and stayed at a relative's in Windsor. Then on Saturday morning, me and one of my friends went to the almighty Emirates Stadium and waited outside from 11:30... the five and a half hour wait couldn't have been better! We met two other wonderful Musers, and we heard the band soundchecking United States of Eurasia, New Born and Madness; needless to say, I was borderline hysterical.

When the gates /finally/ opened, we ran inside to get our places at the front. Ended up two rows from the barrier as soon as we got in, the wait was definitely worthwhile!



Bastille were the first support act at 6pm... and they were one of the most boring bands I have ever witnessed. (Unfortunately I saw them again yesterday at Evolution Festival, and they were just as bad)



Then Dizzee Rascal was the second and final support act, and honestly, I thought he was brilliant. Unlike Bastille, he got the crowd going and was just generally really fun to watch and dance to! (BIG DIRTEE STINKING BASS, DIRTEE STINKIN BASS)


Then, the greatest band in the world themselves... MUUUUUUSE!
























They're all my good photos! Here are my videos too: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLPbSvwfQN0xuuVxxU97jpHdSWYhhRT1td

Overall, it was truly one of the best concerts I've ever been to, on par to The Born This Way Ball which I attended in Manchester last year. Everything from the setlist to the pyrotechnics to the stage to the phenomenal performances from Matt, Dom and Chris was exemplary, and I know this won't be the last time I see them. If you have the chance to see them, grab it with both hands, they truly are the greatest band in the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment