Saturday 18 May 2013

A New Obsession

Over the past couple of months, I've rediscovered my love for the BBC's adaptation of Sherlock, and it's taken over my life. Quite literally.

For those of you haven't heard of it, "Sherlock is a British television crime drama that presents a contemporary update of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's Sherlock Holmes detective stories" (source: Wikipedia) written by Steven Moffat, Mark Gatiss and Stephen Thompson, and stars Benedict Cumberbatch as Sherlock Holmes and Martin Freeman as Dr. John Watson.

I could honestly go on forever about how exemplary every aspect of this show is... from the cast to the acting to the writing and to the cinematography, everything is impeccable.

I'm sure a lot of you have seen or at least heard of it (and if you haven't, why haven't you?), however, what I wanted to share with you today was the soundtracks.

Sherlock - Original Television Soundtrack, Music from Series One


Sherlock - Original Television Soundtrack, Music from Series Two


Most people have seen the show, but a lot of people miss the soundtracks. Written by David Arnold and Michael Price, every track perfectly illustrates the emotion and situation of the scenes they are used in, for example, every time I hear 'Prepared To Do Anything' on the Series Two soundtrack, well... I wouldn't want to reveal any spoilers. (but let's just say I sob quite a bit)

I've been listening to both soundtracks constantly in recent weeks, so if you've seen the show, I strongly encourage you to have a listen. I'm sure even those of you who haven't seen it will appreciate the musical artistry involved. Both are phenomenal, and for those of you who are emotionally invested in this series, incredibly emotionally evocative.

Here's a link to the Series One Soundtrack: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEuhTza_eM8&list=PL4DCD36A1C653227D


Enjoy!

Melissa x

No comments:

Post a Comment